- As soon as you book your surgery, we will send a packet in the mail with complete pre- and post-op instructions as well as prescriptions for your surgery. Go ahead and fill these prescriptions. Feel free to call the office at 504-836-2050 if you have any questions or concerns about the medications. Be sure Dr. Rogers knows if you cannot take any of the prescribed medications.
- You will be scheduled for a pre-op appointment the day before surgery to answer final questions, sign the consent, take photos, and review the surgical plan. Bring the packet with you to this appointment. If this is not possible we will do all this on the morning of surgery.
- Wash with Head and Shoulders (or equivalent dandruff shampoo) daily up until your surgery. It is helpful to use shampoo containing zinc pyrithione (Head and Shoulders), ketoconazole (Nizoral shampoo), or selenium sulfide (Selsun blue). All are available over the counter without a prescription. These help to optimize the scalp microenvironment prior to surgery.
- Double-check with your internist to be sure that your blood pressure is controlled. If you need to start on medication, allow several weeks for your body to adjust before your surgery date.
- Arrange to have a ride the day of surgery. This is especially important if you decide to take the prescribed sedative before surgery.